Platinum Dental Care- North Logan Wisdom Teeth
Call us today to make an appointment for your initial exam!
North Logan Dentists Explain Wisdom Teeth Removal
Though wisdom teeth may seem harmless, they can actually do a lot of damage below the surface. If they are misaligned, impacted, or partially erupted, they can cause damage to the surrounding tissues, nerves, bones, and push your smile out of shape.
But, don’t worry! Though these potential issues might seem scary, Platinum Dental Care is dedicated to making sure you have a comfortable and easy wisdom teeth removal experience to keep your smile looking great! Schedule your appointment now!
The Wisdom in Removing Wisdom Teeth
Wisdom teeth get their name for coming in later in adolescence/early adulthood when the person is said to be “wiser” than when the other teeth came in. However, dental research has found that due to the trouble they can cause, it is wise to remove those molars sooner rather than later. If removed as a teenager or in early adulthood, the bone is less dense which will enable an easier extraction and quicker healing process. If you or your teenager still have your wisdom teeth, give us a call to set up an appointment today!
Tips for a Speedy Recovery after
Wisdom Teeth Removal:
- Control bleeding with gauze
- Reduce pain by taking pain medication as recommended by your dentist
- Prevent swelling by applying ice to the outside of your mouth
- Eat soft foods such as soups and smoothies
- Rest as much as possible (especially avoid physical activity for 24 hours post surgery)
- Gently clean your teeth and mouth as instructed by your dentist
Give us a call to schedule your free wisdom teeth removal consultation.